By | October 16 2016
This October The World of Fine Wine teams up with Epicurean food and wine festival to bring you a UK vs France wine and cheese tasting masterclass, run by Francis Percival.
The Epicurean is an unlimited free sampling festival that brings together more than 130 food and drink producers displaying over 1,000 artisanal alcohol and fine food products.
Encompassing one of the UK’s largest conglomerations of fine wines, craft beers, artisanal spirits and fine foods, The Epicurean aims to take guests on a journey of discovery showcasing craftsmanship. The festival is a self-proclaimed Aladdin’s cave for wine lovers, aiming to promote top quality wines that cannot be purchased in UK supermarkets or high street outlets.
One £25 ticket will allow guests unlimited samples for the full day that incorporates masterclasses, music and art from The Epicurean Gallery and acclaimed English painter Christian Furr.
The World of Fine Wine is giving away three pairs of tickets for Francis Percival’s UK vs France wine and cheese tasting, held on Saturday 29 October 2:15pm. Full information on the wine and cheese flight is listed below. For the chance for you and a friend to experience this unique masterclass, simply follow us on Twitter and Instagram and re-tweet the article using @worldoffinewine and we’ll enter you into the draw. Three winners will be selected at random and will receive two tickets each to attend the masterclass, plus the entire festival on 29/10/2016.
Attendees will be in good hands with Francis – an established food and wine writer. In addition to writing on these topics for The World of Fine Wine, Francis’ work has also appeared in many other esteemed publications including the UK’s Financial Times and Gourmet in the US. Collecting accolades throughout his career such as the Louis Roederer International Wine Writers’ Awards Best International Wine Columnist (2013) and Pio Cesare Food & Wine Writer of the Year (2015), Francis also teaches wine and cheese classes for Neal’s Yard Dairy, which he lives above with his wife Bronwen, Neal’s Yard’s cheese buyer. He also cofounded and hosts a series of lectures and talks in London titled the London Gastronomy Seminars.
Excitingly, autumn 2017 sees the launch of Reinventing the Wheel: Milk, Microbes, and the Fight for Real Cheese, a book jointly written by Francis and Bronwen.
Wine and cheese tasting:
Flight 1 Gusbourne Blanc de Blancs 2012 v Canard-Duchêne Brut Vintage 2008 in magnum
Stawley v Charolais
Tunworth v Camembert de Normandie
Flight 2 Nyetimber Classic Cuvée 2009 in magnum v Philipponnat Blanc de Noirs Vintage 2009 in magnum
Kirkham's Lancashire v Cantal from Salers milk
Appleby's Cheshire v Comté
The Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London
October 28 – 29, 2016
All images courtesy of Courtney Perry
Terms and Conditions:
1.The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary unless specified.
3. All entries must be submitted via Twitter using @worldoffinewine in the form of a re-tweet only. Entrants must also follow The World of Fine Wine on Twitter and Instagram to be eligible. Entrants without an Instagram account can still enter the draw with proof of no Instagram account.
4. The opening date for entries is 9am on 17/10/2016. The closing date of the prize draw is 12am on 21/10/2016. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on 21/10/2016.
7. The winner will receive one of three pairs of tickets (x2 tickets) worth £25 each and submission to the wine and cheese tasting masterclass normally worth £70 per person.
8. The winner will be notified via Twitter using a Tweet OR a direct message before 25/10/2016 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. The winner may be asked to provide an email address for correspondence related to receiving their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within SEVEN days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within SEVEN days of being notified of their win.
10. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within SEVEN days after the closing date of the prize draw.
13. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
16. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
17. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. The Promoter of this prize draw is DesignCurial a trading name of World Market Intelligence Ltd of John Carpenter House, 7 Carmelite Street, London EC4Y 0BS